My Blog List

Thursday 17 April 2014

What's on my painting table?



Welcome to the slightly revamped, or should that be re-formatted What's on my Painting table segment, where I share my painting projects, tips and hints. 

HELBRUTE

It's been another bust week hobby wise with games of Blood Bowl and 40k under my belt but I have found some time to do some more work on my new Helbrute.

This is as far as I've currently got with painting my new Helbrute.  As you can see I've started on the highlights.

Stage 1:

The Helbrute is mainly three colours. Mephiston Red, Abaddon Black and Bugmans glow (for the flesh) which match the same colours as my Red Corsairs 
 
Stage 2:
 
 
Once the three prime colours were done I started to focus on the smaller areas such as the gold trimming around the armour, the rockets and the bone areas.  I decided to paint the head blue to show that at some time this marine use to be part of a Devastator Squad before being turned to the path of Chaos.



Stage 3:

 
 
 
At this stage I've started to highlight the flesh and apply the washes to the red areas.



IMPERIAL FISTS SCOUT SQUAD

This week also marked the completion of my first unit of Space Marine for my Imperial Fists army, namely my Scout Squad.  Here's the first photo of them.

The finished unit
 

I'll be adding some more photos of the squad in the near future, hopefully with some nice battle scenes in the background.


TIP OF THE WEEK

Whilst I' was painting my Scout Squad and Helbrute I was referring to the stage-by-stage techniques that White Dwarf publish in their Paint Splatter section.  I personally find this section invaluable as it's full of great hints on how to paint certain miniatures or achieve certain painting effects.  I used it to learn how to paint the armour and trousers of my scouts and to add a scorched effect to the melta gun on my Helbrute (more about hat next time).  I'd highly recommend checking it out in White Dwarf. 

Some of the white Dwarf issues I referred to when painting my miniatures

NEXT TIME

Chaos Vindicator & completed Helbrute

No comments:

Post a Comment