My Blog List

Sunday 6 April 2014

Tales from the Touchline - Back to the Blood Bowl



Tales from the Touchline is my new Blood Bowl column that will focus on (as you may have guessed) all things Blood Bowl from match reports to team modelling projects. 

As some of you may know I've currently got an Orc team named Da Axe-Grinda Chiefs (A play on the name of are local Rugby team the Exeter Chiefs) entered in the Blood Bowl tournament currently running at my local games club.  Due to work I've had to forfeit a few games recently but tonight I managed to play one of my league games as part of World Tabletop Day. 

Overall it was a good game.  Everything that could have gone wrong on the kick off table did, from sweltering heat being rolled as a change of weather to "Throw a rock" KO'ing a Khaos player for the duration of the whole game.  We even had a riot break out in the last turns of the 2nd half.

I rolled what seemed to be at least 10 skull results during the game, which cost me dearly and the dreaded "Don't roll a 1" curse struck its head for both players.  Overall the game ended as a 1 all draw, which was probably the best result to come out on World Tabletop Day as we were both winners and losers.

My stand out player during the match has to be Iggs Boson, my lone Goblin who not only scored my touchdown for the game but also caused my only injury for result.  He got a skill upgrade for his troubles. 


The pre-game photo in honour of World Tabletop Day 2014

My next game will be in a few weeks but it felt good getting back into the swing of things.   I'm not looking at placing that high in the league but I'm having fun playing it (When I can).


Looking to the future I'm thinking of playing a human team next (I already play Necromantic and Orcs, so fancy something a little less evil).  I'm thinking of making a team by converting some of the 40K Cadian miniatures.  Anyway I'll be sure to post any future Blood Bowl projects as and when they happen.  Until them remember "Keep calm and re-roll"



No comments:

Post a Comment