My Blog List

Monday 4 August 2014

Stay on Target!




Welcome to the first "Stay on Target" which is my new article on all things Fantasy Flight Star Wars X-Wing related.

As some of you know I've recently gotten into playing X-Wing after I got it for Christmas over a year or ago.  Since initially having a few games of it against one of my friends (Who had also never played it before) I decided to see if anyone at my local gaming club fancied playing a game against me.

I was in luck as someone (Who was a bit of a veteran of X-Wing) offered to give me a game. I think you get to learn a lot about a game when you get to play it against a veteran.  For example one of the key things I learned was that getting organised is vital.  Having all your counters in easy reach and so forth helps speed up the game play.

I now keep all my ships in this hand box.  the packaging they come in makes a nice case container for each on.

And I bought this screw box to but my counters in.

I also learnt about doing an initiative roll off before you play, so when you have two pilots with equal initiative you know which one plays their actions first.

For this game I was using my rebel fleet which meant I got to try out my new two A-Wings alongside my two X-wings piloted by Biggs and Wedge. We decided to do Rebels Vs Rebels (We marked it up as a training mission).  I found the A-Wings fast but a little under gunned, especially when they were up against an E-Wing! 

In the end I lost the game, though it could have gone either way at one point.  Anyway it was a fun game a great way to learn more about the game.  Now to get some more experience with my imperial Fleet!

Guess it's down to these two to patch up my Rebel Fleet ready for my next game :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment