My Blog List

Tuesday 1 August 2017

What's on my Painting Table - Deathtrooper Primaris test paint



I’ve been catching up with hobby stuff over the past few weeks and one side project I’ve been working on is my Roboute Gilliman personal guard, which I want to use along with the Primarch as an allied detachment for my Blood Angels.   This unit, which will be a five-man squad of Intercessor Primaris are drawing inspiration from the Deathtroopers in Star Wars and as such I want their paint scheme to be similar.   

 Before I start painting up the unit of Primaris Space Marines I wanted to do a little test first as I wasn’t sure whether to paint their armour so that it was glossy (like Deathtrooper armour is) or keep it as a Matt finish.  Here’s my first attempt at the gloss look.  Let me know what you think. 

First test paint.  Not 100% sure of the gloss finish on the armour

Although this is a Blood Angel Primaris the final unit will be Ultramarines.


In other news, I’ve finished painting my last Blood Angels Tactical Squad which means I now have a 100% fully painted army!!! I’m now going to focus my time on painting my Kharadron Overlords for the Sigma Skirmish Campaign I’m currently playing and some of the new Death Guard miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment