My Blog List

Saturday 26 August 2017

4 things I've been up to



Here are four things I’ve been up to…


1...

I’ve had a request to do a step-by step guide on how I painted my lava base for my Renegade Knight. After a bit of a think I concluded that was a good idea so I will be posting that up on here soon. 

2...

I’m also looking at doing some YouTube Videos that will be tied in with the blog.  This is still early days and so far all I’ve got around to doing is setting up a YouTube page and filming one very shoddy test video.  I’ve also secured a slightly better camera to use though I will probably need to invest in a Mic at some stage as well.  Anyway once I pluck up enough courage I will give recording a go.

3...

I played my first game of Star Trek Ascendency the other night.  This is a game that I’d heard a lot of good things about and I have been really keen to try out for myself to see what all the fuss was about.  Fortunately the game didn’t disappoint and I’m now hooked.  For those of you who haven’t played it, Ascendency is a sort of a cross between Catan and Risk, where you play as one of several Star Trek races (The Federation, Klingons, Romulans etc) to try and gain ascendancy in the galaxy by exploring strange new worlds or declaring war on your opponents.  There are a lot of fun game mechanics to use, such as doing research to increase your ships firepower or shielding or building outposts to secure more resources.  I’ll no doubt be buying myself a copy of this game soon.


4...

A lot of buzz is being generated about Fantasy Flights new StarWars Legion game.  I’m definitely interested in playing it but I do have a few worries about how well supported the game is going to be, especially when it comes to releases.  There is also the added cost to factor in, with the pound no longer worth what it once was Fantasy Flight products have gotten a lot more expensive for us folk in Brit City! Saying that I’ve already been having discussions on what possible gaming board and scenery I could build for the game (Current thinking… Scarif!), and no doubt at the very least I’ll be buying the starter set.




No comments:

Post a Comment