My Blog List

Tuesday 3 January 2017

What's on my Painting Table? - Age of Sigma



Happy New Year everyone.  As we say goodbye to 2016 and hello to 2017 there is no better excuse to start something new.  For me that’s starting a brand-new army for a brand-new game (well a game I haven’t played before), specifically a Stormcast army for Warhammer Age of Sigma.



I’ve always wanted to get into playing Warhammer since I was first exposed to that world from playing Blood Bowl, but I never really got around to making the plunge and as I got increasingly into the grim dark universe that was Warhammer 40K the fantasy world got shelved. 

With the release of Age of Sigma earlier in 2016 I was presented with perfect opportunity to try the game out.  Over the preceding months, I bought a few miniatures, the Generals Handbook and the Storm of Sigma starter box and settled on forging a small Stormcast army to try the game out with. 
As I had some spare time over the festive break I put it to use painting up some of my new army.  

The first miniature I decided to paint was the Excelsior Priest from the Silver Tower game.  This miniature is going to form part of my small Stormcast warband which I hope to finish over the next few months. 
 
My first finished Sigma minatures. 

Close up of the Griffhound

And the Priest

Still on my table, to finish later are these 4 dudes.





Once I finish painting the Liberators I’m going to work on my unit of Liberators. 




No comments:

Post a Comment