My Blog List

Tuesday 17 February 2015

What's on my Painting Table - My fitst Blood Angel (In 17 Years)


I decided to take some time out from painting my Eldar to paint my Blood Angels Captain miniature from Games Day 2012 (Which I didn't attend but my friends got the exclusive figure for me).

Now for those of you who don't know Blood Angels were the first army I ever had when I originally got in to playing Warhammer 40,000 back in the early 90's but when I got back into the hobby a few years ago I decided to collect and play with some new armies that I never had back in the 90's (That's why my first new army was Orks and then Chaos Space Marines and now Elder).  Although I do have some Space Marine stuff in my new collection I decided to go with painting them as Imperial Fists.  However since the release of the new Blood Angels codex (and their new miniatures range) I've been tempted to possible get back into Blood Angels and perhaps do an allied force between them and my Imperial Fists.  So here's my first "New" Blood Angels miniature all painted up.

NB: For some reason the focus isn't that great on some of the photos.  I really need to get myself a proper camera!)

Rear view. 

I decided to do a slightly different paint scheme for my Captain.  His Power Fist for example is slightly different to how it is on the artwork from the 2nd edition 40K box set (which inspired this miniature).  I also gave him brown hair.

The eagle eyed of you may have spotted that he doesn't have his combat knife.  This is because it snapped in half when I was taking it off the sprue.  I really hate finecast for it brittle nature!



Now this dude is finished I've started back on my Eldar.  I'm currently finishing off my remaining Wrathguard and have also started on this War Walker (Which is part of my Combat Patrol).

No comments:

Post a Comment