My Blog List

Sunday 1 February 2015

Da Mek's workshop - Eldar Warlock/Farseer on Jetbike


Here's some photos showing the construction of a converted warlock on Jetbike miniature that I just completed for my new Eldar army.  If you fancy making one yourself this should give you a rough idea how.  If you do build one let me know.  I'd love to see how yours turns out. 
 
 
I needed a few kits for this conversion.  Mainly the Eldar Jetbike and the plastic Farseer miniature.


First thing to do is to assemble the body of the Jetbike and put the riders legs on.  I also added a tail fin to the jetbike using a piece from the Wrathguard kit.  Top Tip - Don't glue the canopy on yet as you'll need plenty of space to model the green stuff onto the miniature.

Next I trimmed the Farseers body down so that it would sit snuggly on top of the riders legs. 

After some trimming the body is glued into place. 

The next thing to do was to add the right arm (which is steering the Jetbike) to the body.  Again this required some careful trimming. 

Now for the other arm and head.  I glued the second arm furst and then positioned the head accordingly.  In this pose my Warlock is unleashing his Psychic energy onto an enemy unit. 

Using bits from the Farseer kit I added the robes to the Warlock. 

Once dried I filled in any gaps with Green stuff (I used liquid and regular) and dis a bit of remodelling to make the robes look complete.  This took a while and is one of the biggest challenges for me as I've not had much sculpting experience.  Once the green stuff has dried (Leave it for at least 24 hours) I glued on the canopy (complete with an added targeting system)  and I was done.

So what do you think?  I'd love to hear your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment