My Blog List

Sunday 5 October 2014

Stay on Target - Z95's


I've recently purchased two Z95 Headhunters to use in my games of X-Wing (The main reason being that they looked cool).  However I have found that using them can be a bit of challenge. 

So far I've played three games with them and have started to learn what their strengths and weaknesses are.  Certainly one of the big benefits of the Z95 is their cheap cost.   However their stats (2's across the board) don't make them that amazing and many players see them as a poor mans X-Wing.

What I did learn from using them for the first time is that you need to equip them with missiles! This give you way more combat options and makes them a formidable attack fighter that you could pair them up with two Y-Wings (with Ion cannons) and you've got a good little squadron.  Certainly Ion Missiles and Cluster Missiles work a treat and giving your Z95s the munitions failsafe upgrade gives you a better chance them causing some damage. 

One thing I've yet to try it to pair them with my two A-Wings.  I'm not sure how successful that combination would be but I may give it a go.


My two new Z95's
The Z95's tend to be a good hanger on as well.  Despite only having 2 shields and 2 hull points they do tend to stick around for a bit and can really annoy your opponent.  It's a shame though that they can't have an R2 unit in them, as having an option to repair shields or damage could give them even more last-ability. 

Anyway that's my first thoughts of the good old Z95.  What do you think of them?  do you have any tactics that work for you?  Let me know in the comments below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment