My Blog List

Sunday 8 June 2014

"Someone must have told them about my little meanouver at the battle ot Tenab" I try my first game of Star Wars X-Wing

For Christmas 2013 I received a copy of Fantasy Flights Star Wars X-Wing miniature game as 1. I'm a massive fan of Star Wars and 2.I like table top games.  However it's only been until now that I've finally got around to playing it.

I have to say that after playing a few games to learn the rules I was amazed just how simple and addictive it is.  It really captures the action of the movies and gives you possibly the closest experience of dogfighting in a galaxy far, far away that you can get (and I've played Star Wars Rogue Squadron!).

At first we started with the basic game rules, playing with 60 points each to get use to the game, but then we decided to move on to include some upgrade cards into the mix.

What I enjoyed the most about the game was the whole strategy behind dogfighting.  Having to predict how your opponent would move, or which is the better target to shoot at really made you have to use your brain.  Anyway here are some photos from the session.

 
Darth Vader and an Academy Pilot chase after Wedge Antilles!
 
Vader moves in for the Kill!
 
 
 
The Rebels attack Vader
 


Rogue Squadron engages the Empire 


 
 
I'm itching to play some more X-Wing, especially as I now have a Y-Wing and TIE-Bomber to try out and can't wait for my next game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment