My Blog List

Sunday 23 February 2014

What's on my painting table - Thousand Sons and Huron Blackheart


Well it's been a long time coming but here is the first Painting Table article for 2014!

In the time between being offline and getting the new blog set up I've managed to get a lot painted.  This means that over the next few weeks I'll be posting up some new pics of what I've managed to finish during my time away. 

The big news is that all of my Chaos Space Marine force has now been finished which means I have a  fully painted 1,500 point army ready to go.  I've also been busy working away on my Orks, but they are currently going through a bit of a re-organisation at the moment so some units that were finished have had new miniatures or vehicles added to them. On the plus side there isn't a lot left to paint, and once the Orks are finished I can move onto my Space Marines.


Thousand Sons

So here are some pics of the unit of Thousand Sons that I recently finished.  I decided to post these up first as they were the last unit that I needed to finish painting to complete my army.  I decided to go for a red and purple colour scheme to match them with the more demonic units in my army.  I also wanted to give them a  bit of a transition period feel to them from the Horus Heresy era to the 40K timeline.  The red on their armour reflects the colour scheme that the Thousand Sons had during that period  and I went with purple as the secondary colour as I wanted a colour that was close to the blue that the Thousand Sons of the 40K era wear.  I imagine my unit being around mid-point between the 30K and 40K Thousand Sons. 

The finished unit. 

 
 
 
Huron Blackheart
 
 
I also managed to finish my Huron Blackheart miniature.   Here's some photo's of him with some of the other command figures in my army.
 

 
 
 
Next Time
 
Ork Stompa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment