My Blog List

Monday 24 February 2014

Da Mek's Workshop - Ork Trukk and Big Mek


Recently I've been thinking a lot about my 40K Ork force, for one thing I'd was struggling to win any games with them.  Unlike my Chaos Space Marine force I was struggling to find an army list that worked for me.  Despite trying to stick to the same list something clearly wasn't working, so I decided to re-think my strategy and made the move to change some units around.

One of the big changes I made was to split my unit of 30 Orks with sluggas and choppas into two smaller units of 12 and to give each unit a Trukk as a dedicated transport.  This created a new problem as I now needed a new Trukk (I also needed a new Ork Nob but luckily I had enough parts in my Bits box to make a new one).  So I went to my local GW store and purchased one.

I wanted my second Trukk to stand out a bit so I decided to do some small conversions to it.  Here's a sneak peek at the finished result. It's since been undercoated, waiting to get painted.

Using left over parts from my Dakka Jet kits I added a hood to the engine.  I also changed the barrel of the Big Shoota and added some extra armour around the gunners post.

Another unit that I decided to add to my Ork force was a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field.  This unit is a must for my Escalation force as I can place him inside my Stompa, giving it a 4+ cover save.  Anyway I decided that I'd try and make a Mek using what I had in my bits box (Proper Death Skulls style).  here's the results.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment