My Blog List

Sunday 31 July 2016

Stay on Target - Punishing One Squad list




With payday being this week I treated myself (finally) to the Punishing One expansion for X-Wing.   Now I’d wanted this ship ever since it was first announced mainly because it lets you fly everyone’s favourite toilet roll covered Bounty Hunter Dengar.  

On getting the ship I knew I had to run Dengar as a Scum alternative to my Outrider list, which I run for the Rebels.  With that in mind I had to pair him up with two smaller ships, namely 2 Syndicate Thugs in Y-Wings (Who must really get along with Bounty Hunters and they also feature in my 4-LOM list).  This is what I came up with...

Dengar (33)
Punishing One (12)
Gonk (2)
Push the Limit (3)

Syndicate Thug (18)
BTL-A4 (0)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Syndicate Thug (18)
BTL-A4 (0)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Now with the Y-Wings being kitted out as they are didn’t leave me with a lot of points to upgrade poor old Dengar, especially after I’d paid out 12 points to give him the Punishing One title card.  However I had to try out the new Gonk Droid crew card so that went straight in as an upgrade.  Having an ability to get shields back is always a good option and if I can use me early actions in the game to start charging some shield tokens up on him they’ll be there ready to use later when I need them. 

Push the Limit also seemed like a no brainer as again it could let me get a shield back in 1 turn in exchange for some stress or allow me to charge or transfer a shield and then perform another action.  The Punishing One title, if a little pricey increases my primary weapon value by 1.  Now on a ship that has no cannon or turret upgrade option this seemed like a good deal. 
I need to play this list now (as well as many others) so I’m intrigued as to how it will do but I’m excited to find out.

What do you think of the list?  Would you change anything, or do you use Dengar and if so how do you kit him out?  Comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment