My Blog List

Sunday 6 December 2015

What's on my Painting Table - Chaos and Blood Angels


It's been a busy few days with lots of hobby stuff to work on at the moment.  First off, my Chaos Space Marine army (which is currently transitioning from a Red Corsairs into a full Death Guard army) has been getting some attention.

Having recently played a game with them I decided to re-tweak my army list.  In doing so I decided to add some more cultists to my unit (which act as Plague Zombies due to Typhus) bolstering them from 12 to 18.  As such I currently have three which I am painting up and have undergone some small conversions.  

I’ve also switched out Vindicator with a Predator tank armed with two Lascannons and a Havoc Launcher to give me some much needed long range heavy support. I’ve assembled and spray undercoated the tank and at some point I’ll begin to paint it.  

Finally I’ve ordered 10 Raptors to add to my force, which should hopefully give me a good unit that can easily jump onto objectives to secure them or rid them of opponents units. (These haven’t arrived yet).

My new Chaos Space Marine units
3 of the cultists I'm currently working on.



I’ve also decided to start a new 40K army and after much consideration I decided to go back to my roots and go with Blood Angels, which were the first army I had when I originally got into playing 40K back in the early 90’s.  Unfortunately I no longer have any of my original Blood Angels force (Apart from a captain with Jump-pack) so I’ve had to go and get some new units.  Luckily I already have a Blood Angels Captain in the form of the one they were selling at Games Day 2012 but I got myself two Tactical Squads (1 Blood Angels one and 1 regular one which I used the Blood Angels upgrade sprues on) and the Blood Angels Librarian in Terminator Armour (Which i've also started painting).  


I'm also working on this Libraian. 



Next on my “to get” is 10 Death Company marines which will be equipped with Jump-packs and close combat weapons.  I’m thinking of using my Imperial Knight as an allied unit with my force and getting some heavy support in the form of either some Predator tanks or a Landraider.  I’m also tempted with a Stormravon to provide me with some air support and transport.  

So lots to keep me busy over the Christamas period, oh and of course their THAT film coming out soon to...


No comments:

Post a Comment