My Blog List

Monday 8 September 2014

What's on my Painting Table - Eldar




This week I've been working on getting my Eldar Kill Team painted.  This is mainly down to me playing some Kill Team games with them, so I wanted them to be nicely painted (however since playing my last game I've now decided to replace the Howling Banshees with some Striking Scorpions, so I'll have even more painting to do soon).

I decided to create my own Craftworld colour scheme and settled on a black and dark red motif.  I  just need to come up with a name and backstory for the Craftworld.  I'm thinking something along the lines of them being a long lost Craftworld that is somewhat of a myth among the rest of the Eldar. 


I also took this opportunity to try out some of the photographing miniatures hints and  techniques which featured in the recent issue of White Dwarf.  Let me know what you think.

Four of my Six  Jetbikes.  Four of which are now painted.

I decided to add some battle damage to some of the Jetbikes.

My unit of Howling Banshees.

I've used glazes to give the Banshees yellow or blue bladed Power Swords. I wanted them to look a bit like Lightsaber blades. 

I used a red glaze on the silver areas.



Future projects
I'm currently working on this Farseer.  I also have the Striking Scorpions to paint, as soon as they arrive in the mail (and I get some more Chaos Black undercoat)


No comments:

Post a Comment