My Blog List

Saturday 17 March 2018

What's on my painting table? - Vader and the Grand Inquisitor


For the first time in a while I’ve managed to have a free Saturday to myself, which meant I could get some hobby stuff done.


I’m currently working through a back log of miniatures I need to finish painting so decided to focus on them.  Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get a lot completed today but I did get a good start on a Blood Angels Inceptor squad.  I was however able to finish a few Imperial Assault miniatures, in particular Darth Vader and the Grand Inquisitor (see below).  

As snow is currently forecast for tomorrow I hope to finish off the Blood Angels squad, so unless anything else pops up I should be able to cross a few more units off my list.




I used a gloss coat on the armor of both miniatures to make it look more like plastic.



Vader can be a challenge to paint, being all black in colour.  The trick is to use grey shade to add subtle highlights to the armour to help it to stand out and add depth to the miniature.  This can be very tricky to do on a small figure such as Vader. 



I decided to paint Vader’s eyes red after his appearance in Rogue One and Rebels.  



I finished  Bossk  a few weeks ago but didn’t get round to photographing him until today.  





No comments:

Post a Comment