My Blog List

Monday 24 April 2017

Passing visit to Warhammer World and other random gaming stuff


I’ve been hitting the road on my travels again, which has given me the opportunity to visit Warhammer World!  Whilst I was there I decided to buy myself the Warhammer World exclusive Blood Bowl Star players Grak and Crumbleberry as well as a Horus Hersey Legions book (So I can start building up my 30K Death Guard army).  I was also very tempted to buy one of the last 7 copies of Shadow War which they had just got in (Talk about good timing kids!).  However, I had to be good and resist buying it.  Mainly because I’ve already pre-ordered the rulebook and more importantly because I can’t really afford to spend an unplanned £80 this month and I’m trying to pay off my credit card not add more to it!

I also bought a Blood Bowl  Lanyard, which Prince Charles approved of.

As it was a quick visit (Mainly to give me a break in the journey) I didn’t look around the exhibition (or try to find the hidden assassin) but I did snap this photo of a Space Marine.


In other news, I recently acquired myself a copy of Imperial Assault, so it looks like I’m 100% invested in that game now.  I just need to buy a few more scum figure packs, extra dice and maybe some skirmish maps 😊 I was meant to play a game of IA last week but ended up playing another game of Armada instead.  Here’s some photos from that game (I was playing the Rebel fleet, it didn't end well. 

My second every game.  My plan was to target everything on taking out Vader's ship (The ISS in the top right)

This time I remembered to keep my fleet together rather than split thenm up. 

However I forgot they could targer the same ship twice as long as it's out of two different arcs



My first two Imperial Assault figure packs.  I've decided to play scum in this game, though if Fantasy Flight release the Deathtrooper in the future I may also play Imperial. 


Looking ahead I have another league game of Blood Bowl to play this weekend (most likely on Saturday), then the following week (Which I have off) I’m playing in another X-Wing tournament and we see the official release of the new Star Wars Destiny expansion “Spirit of Rebellion”.  I’m also hoping to get a game of 40K in before the new edition is released and all the rules change.
 
I’ve also been painting a few miniatures which are close to completion, so no doubt I’ll be posting some pics of them on here soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment