My Blog List

Saturday 18 March 2017

What's on my painting table? - Converted Hemlock Star Player



It’s been a busy couple of weeks work wise which has meant a lot of travelling around the country and not a lot of time to do hobby stuff.  This has meant that I’ve not had many projects on the go but I did manage to find time to get my converted Hemlock Star Player for Blood Bowl painted.  I decided to prioritise this miniature as I’m already in the middle of an active Blood Bowl league (and not doing very well in it) and have been using Hemlock as an inducement in a few games.  As the rest of my team is already painted I thought it would be nice to get Hemlock finished ASAP. 

The miniature is a slightly converted Skink Starpriest (The eagle-eyed of you may have spotted that this is the second Starpriest miniature I have purchased).  I’m not 100% happy with the conversion (The right arm isn’t in a great pose, for example) but I had to rush the build a bit and make use with what I had lying around.  

I deliberately decided to paint Hemlock a different colour to the rest of my Lizardmen team to help make him stand out as the Star Player and also I wanted to experiment with a different colour scheme.  Overall I’m happy with how he turned out, even though it was a bit of a rush job.  Anyway you can judge for yourselves as here is the end result…

Hemloch ready to hit the pitch for the InGen Interceptors

Hemlock's skin tone is based on that of Donald Trumps

The customery rear view.


In other news whilst I was travelling around I was encouraged to create my own vlog on You Tube.  After thinking about it I thought I’d give it a try, so over the next few months I’ll be learning how to do just that (As well as purchasing a suitable camera).  My initial idea is that the vlog will allow me to expand on what I cover on this site as well as let me give reviews on things or just generally talk about what I’ve been up to.  Anyway stay tuned for more info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment