My Blog List

Saturday 22 October 2016

Tales from the Touchline - The InGen Interceptors


As I mentioned in my last post I’ve been working on a new Blood Bowl team, specifically a Lizardmen one which I have named the InGen Interceptors (bonus points go to anyone who gets the geeky reference!).

I decided I wanted to try out another race as I currently only play with a Necromantic Undead team, who are The Death Stars and an Orc team called the Axe-Grinder Chiefs.   I’ve had varying degrees of luck with both of these teams but after playing them for so long I really fancied trying out something new and one on the beauties with Blood bowl is that there is a great choice of races that you can use to put together a team. 

I finally settled on Lizardmen after weighing up a few options.  Originally I was going to go for a human team (As I was thinking of converting up some Cadians).  They make a good all round team with plenty of starting skills and I had some human players from the boxset lying around that I could also use, however after careful consideration I decided that it was going to be too tricky to convert up a whole team.  I also wanted a race that didn’t come in the core starter set, so I decided to leave the humans for another time.  I then considered the Chaos team as a possible choice.  Like the Lizardmen they are a hard hitting strength team (which plays to my style) who have a lot of strength 4/5 players but lack starting skills (they are definitely league team).  I almost went for them but several players at my club also have Chaos teams and as I play chaos on 40K I wanted to try out something new.  


The Lizardmen drew me for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, as mentioned before they are similar to Chaos having a large bulk of strength 4 players (and a Strength 5 Kroxigor!) as well as some fast players in the Skinks.  They do lack starting skills that could be handy in a game (such as block or sure hands) but with a good combination of strength and speed they could be a good team to develop over a league.  Secondly let’s not ignore the fact that they are basically dinosaurs and everyone loves dinosaurs’ right? 

Having decided on my race I now had to get the miniatures.  I managed t pick up a box of plastic Sauruses in a local comic book shop (They were in the sale as they owner was getting rid of all his Games Workshop stock).  I assembled 6 of them (the maximum you can have in your team) kept a couple for spares and sold the rest on eBay.  I was fortunate to purchase a metal Kroxigor miniature from someone at my local gaming club, and the Skinks I got from eBay.  With some small conversions (mainly cutting weapons off) I had my new team.


My starting team roster is going to be…
  • 1 x Kroxigor
  • 5 x Saurus
  • 5 x Skinks
2 Re-Rolls, Fan Factor of 4

My plan is that after my first league game I will purchase an apothecary and then later down the line (one I have some more gold) get a few more Skinks.  After that any gold I earn will go towards some more re-rolls (and eventually another Saurus).

Now all I need to do is get the team painted and start playing some Blood Bowl.  Until then though, here’s a sneak peek of them.

The InGen Interceptors (And an Orc, though ignore him as he's being painted for Silver Tower)


No comments:

Post a Comment