My Blog List

Thursday 6 July 2017

10 things I've been up to.

Image result for hammer morty


Wow, it’s been a while since I last posted something on my blog! (May 15thish).  That’s not to say that I’ve been idol, in fact I’ve been working on a lot of things which has meant I’ve not really had the chance to sit down and post anything.  So, to make up here are 10 things I’ve been working on or doing over the past few months.

1.
 First we need to talk about the Rygas Cup Blood Bowl league that my Lizardmen team, the InGen Interceptors are entered into.  Despite getting off to a very bad start (long story short my Kroxigor was killed by some Halflings!  Yes F**king Halflings!) I somehow ended up in the top 4 cut.  I now have one game left to play to determine 3rd/4th positioning.  Top 4 is the highest I’ve ever placed in this league so I’m really very happy with that result. 

2. 
Speaking of Blood Bowl my new Dwarf team “Team Rehab” have had their debut match.  I was playing against a Skaven team who whipped my arse 3-0! (They have long tails and they run fast).  It was a fun game though and we tried out some of the new stadium rules from the Death Zone Season 2 book. 

3.
I went on another visit to Warhammer World and this time I looked around the hall of miniatures.  I took a few photos during the visit, so I will be posting them them up on here soon.  Whilst there I also purchased another Horus Heresy rulebook (The Age of Darkness Army List) so I can now start to assemble my 30K Death Guard army.  I also bought myself the new Goblin Secret weapons players, which lead me onto…

4.
How bloody hard it was to assemble the 3 Goblin Secret Weapons miniatures!  Spent hours trying to get them assembled.  They look nice but I fear they might be a bit too fragile for the Blood Bowl pitch (I’m looking at you ball and chain Goblin!).  The gobo with the bomb is also very tall, which means putting him in a case will be tricky.  I really don’t see why these couldn’t have been plastic!  

5.
I’ve been planning an Age of Sigma Skirmish Campaign using the recent Skirmish book GW released.  My idea was to get people who are new to the game, or have only played the old edition involved.  We’re kicking it off in just under two weeks’ time.  I’ve decided to use the Kharadron Overlords as, if I get fully into the game this will be the army I will use (I already have some Stormcast but I can always allie them with my Overlords). 

6.
The second run of Awakening for Star Wars Destiny has finally arrived and I treated myself to a box.  I now have 2 Lukes!!!  This has also meant that I’ve been able to strengthen my 4 decks with some new additions. 

7.
New 40K came out and yes, I have bought myself a copy (technically it was a birthday present from my parents).  I’ve already swapped my Primaris Marines for the Death Guard from another person’s set which means I have 2 Plague Drones and loads of Poxwalkers!

8.
Having caught up with some episodes of Tabletop I now really want to buy Star Trek 5 Year Mission!

9.
I’m currently painting up my last squad of Blood Angels (It’s a tactical squad).  Once they are finished all of my Blood Angels army will be 100% painted.  That means I can then focus on painting up some allies for them or working on some of the new Death Guard miniatures. 

10.
I recently bought 2 new tabletop games.  GoT Hand of the King and Bohnaza.  Not had a chance to play either yet.   



No comments:

Post a Comment